In the school year 2018-2019, Donostia International Physics Center (DIPC) and the Materials Physics Center (CFM, CSIC – UPV/EHU) retake the visits program aimed at schools from Gipuzkoa.
With this initiative, our scope is to show youngsters the everyday life of researchers and professionals working in the field of materials science and nanoscience and the steps that are taken in the scientific career. Our multidisciplinary work team integrates physicists, chemists, IT technicians and engineers.
The visit is free and open for students at 1st and 2nd Bachiller level and Professional Training. 45 students groups are accepted at most.
For more information on the visit´s program and reservation contact us at email@example.com
- 9:30-10:00: Presentation in the CFM or DIPC auditorium: research fields of both centers, introduction to nanoscience and description of the scientific career.
- 10:00-11:00: Three labs visit: researchers show their everyday work in the lab, explaining different instruments and equipments, and providing a framework of their scope.
1) Computational Center (DIPC)
2) Nanoscience and Nanophysics Laboratory (CFM).
3) Polymers Chemistry Laboratory (CFM).
- 11:00-11:30: Hamaiketako (midmorning snacks) in the CFM cafeteria.